PROG Foundation Scholarship Committee Member Search
Could this be you?
We are seeking passionate and engaged community members to help us select awardees for scholarships!
About the Role
Position Type: Volunteer
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours, annually
About the Organization
PROG Foundation is a 501c3 organization dedicated to developing the people and resources necessary to level the playing field. The PROG Development Center seeks to enhance socio-economic opportunity through technology, education, and development through cross-sector partnerships to youth in the Greater West Valley City. Youth engaged at the Prog Dev Center are looking to achieve their academic and professional goals and to support their aspirations. We are offering scholarships to students who have demonstrated a thirst to excel.
PROG Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee members will be responsible for evaluating scholarship applications and selecting the most qualified candidates based on established criteria. This is a volunteer position that requires a commitment to ensuring the integrity of the scholarship selection process is followed and maintaining the confidentiality of applicant information.
- Review scholarship applications and supporting materials in a timely manner
- Evaluate each applicant's academic record, extracurricular actives, and community involvement
- Participate in committee meetings to discuss and evaluate applications
- Collaborate with other committee members to determine scholarship awards based on established criteria
- Maintain the confidentiality of applicant information and ensure compliance with all privacy policies and procedures
- Provide feedback on the scholarship selection process and suggest improvements for future cycles
- Attend PROG Development Center events and activities as able
- IT certification, associate degree, or business owner
- Local knowledge of the Great West Vally City, Utah
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Flexibility to work remotely
- The opportunity to make a positive impact
- Networking opportunities with other committee members
- Professional development opportunities in the field of scholarship selection
- Recognition for your contributions to PROG Foundation's mission
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now below. Scholarship Selection Committee applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and selected candidates will be invited to an interview. If you have any questions, please email DevCenter@progfoundation.org. Thank you for your interest in supporting the PROG Foundation scholarship program.