About the Youth Advisory Council
The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is an advisory body that offers a crucial perspective on the planning and creation of the PROG Development Center and the development of the Greater West Valley community. The Youth Advisory Council empowers young leaders to cultivate community connections, leadership skills, and opportunities to amplify their voices with stakeholders to foster their personal, academic, and professional growth. We provide guidance and opportunities to develop initiatives that are mission-driven to foster growth in our youth.
- Advocacy and Representation: Serve as a voice for young people in the community. Advocating for progress that benefit young people, or representing the needs and concerns of youth within the container of the PROG Foundation mission.
- Program Development and Evaluation: Assist in the development and evaluation of programs and services that are being offered to youth at the PROG Development Center. This involves providing feedback on existing programs and working with the PROG Development Center team to develop new programs and initiatives that meet the needs of youth.
- Community Outreach and Engagement: Playing a crucial role in engaging youth and their families in community events and activities, the YAC is organizing outreach efforts, participating in community service projects, or planning and hosting community events that are geared towards young people in the Greater West Valley City area.
- Skill-building and Leadership Development: YAC members are engaged in training and mentorship opportunities to support youth in their efforts to complete high school, apply for post-secondary opportunities, and build their resumes and professional networks.
- Collaboration and Partnership: Finally, the Youth Advisory Council helps to foster collaboration and partnership between young people, the PROG Development Center team, and other stakeholders in the community. This involves working with local businesses, schools, and other community organizations to identify opportunities for collaboration and to build partnerships that youth in the Greater West Valley City area.
To learn more, please reach out to Diana Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.